Learn what devices and printers you can use with our system. We also have a list of recommended devices.
Every aspect of the system runs online and therefore requires you to be connected to the internet to receive orders. Here are a few recommendations about how to set up your internet:
- Use your own internet connection instead of a shared connection so you have greater control
- Keep a 3G / 4G mobile internet connection as a backup in-case there is an interruption with your normal connection. Consider using your phone on hotspot mode for such instances.
- Consider exclusively using a 3G / 4G mobile internet connection. Certain countries have a much more reliable mobile network such as Australia.
IT staff occasionally set up an internet firewall for small business to prevent accessing harmful content. Ensure that foodvillage.menu is white-listed on your firewall to avoid connection issues to our servers. Ignore this if you are using your own subdomain.
To manage your online store and orders, you will need a device that can access the internet. At a minimum, we recommend using a tablet or bigger. Phone access is possible but maybe limiting.
This is optional but very helpful for managing orders
You can automatically or manually print new orders using any printer whose drivers are installed on an Android device, Windows or Linux PC. To clarify, this means if you can print from an application like Word or Notepad, then it’s compatible with our service. We highly recommend using a thermal receipt printer.
- Android 1.5, 1.6, 2, 3, 4
- Windows – 7, 8, 10
- Linux – requires NodeJS
We highly recommend using an Android device or Windows 10 tablet/computer. Windows provides the greatest flexibility and allows for wireless order printing whilst being able to use the order and table booking dashboard.
Windows 10 tablets are abundant and cheap these days. You can’t go wrong choosing from one of the major brands. Some notable brands include:
- Microsoft – Surface Pro Tablet
- Chuwi – Decent Chinese brand, starting from around $200
You can use any printer with Windows or Linux drivers or any printer that works with ESCPOS using Android, so you are not restricted to just the printers we recommend.
Organized from lowest to highest price.
- PushPrinter PX-90 – Available with Ethernet or Bluetooth (Recommended)
- Epson TM-T20 – Available with USB or Ethernet
- Epson TM-M30 – Bluetooth
- Epson TM-T82-II-i – USB and Ethernet, supporting many connected devices
- Star Micronics TSP143 – Available as Bluetooth or USB or WIFI