FoodVillage has launched a new free item promotion feature that can boost the sales of your food and beverage business by rewarding customers who spend more or purchase a certain item. In the second part of this article, you will learn practical ways you can leverage on this promotion feature to derive the actions you would like from your customers when they shop from your store.
1. Determine What Are The Giveaways
Start by determining what your giveaways are. You can either select one or more items. For example, you can present 4 free items and the customer can select 2 out of the 4 as seen in the image below.
2. Set The Conditions For The Free Item Promotion
Here are the preset conditions where the free item promotion can be triggered:
- Based upon a specific item purchased
- Based upon a determined number of items purchased from the store or from a specific menu
- Based upon the total value purchased from the store or from a specific menu
3. Turn The Promotion To Trigger Automatically Or Manually
The free item promotion can be triggered or activated manually with a coupon code or automatically when the customer has met the requirements of the offer.
4. Setting Promotion Limitations
The free item promotion can be limited by the following parameters:
- Order types: Any combination of the following – pickups, deliveries or dine-in.
- Payment methods
- Order Times: Now Orders or Later Orders
- Single redemption per customer: This allows a customer to only redeem only once. If a customer is not logged in, it resets if their browser cookies are cleared
- Logged in customers only
- Available dates
- Available times
Ideas On How To Drive Sales With Free Item Promotions
Rewarding customers with free items when they spend more or buy a certain promotional item can be very powerful. The promotion is really limited to your imagination, so here are options to get you going.
1. Drive Sales During Low Traffic Times During The Day
Reward customers with a free drink when they order a meal between lunch and dinner.
2. Drive Sales For A Festival Season Ahead Of Time
For example, reward customers who order ahead of time for Christmas by giving free items for orders made for higher ticket items such as Roast Lamb. For that specific Christmas menu, set the lead time to 14 days. Promotions such as this allow you time to plan and buy ahead to deliver on those orders. This will also remove the risk of buying stock before receiving any paid orders.
3. Receive Customer Data With A Member’s Only Promotion
Drive up your memberships with a members-only promotion.
4. Push Sales For A New Launch
Drive attention to a new launch such as:
- A new menu or dish
- A new outlet
- A new order type
- A new payment type
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to boost your food and beverage business sales with FoodVillage’s powerful and versatile free item promotion feature. Contact us or chat with us today to learn more about this feature or to sign up for your own branded online food ordering system.